Sunday 12 June 2011

Large Black Beetle (Macro Monday)

These pictures don't really fit the bill for some of my other projects - so I'll post them to Macro-Monday and see what happens.











This rather magnificent beast was walking along a path in Tasmania when I found it. Its some form of wood boring beetle as far as I can tell, but much else beyond that is beyond me! If you look closely at the pictures you can see that the beetle has a mite infection. I only noticed this when I looked at the iamges on the computer.














You can find the post in which these pictures origainlly appeared here. You can find more marco photgraphs at Macro Monday.

5 comments:

  1. isn't that amazing that something WE consider small is invaded by tiny mites too! he's got some serious pinchers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at those pinchers!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, excellent shots...but ewwwwwwwwwww. I'm not a bug fan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gary beat me to it because the pinchers was the first thing I noticed. :) Sure wouldn't want it mad at me.
    Interesting texture of the background.
    Hope you're having a nice day.

    ReplyDelete